Modern Learning Environment :
• Employers want employees who can think effectively, creatively and independently.
• UK institutions use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage independence, as well as mastery of the subject.
• Students are expected to use the information they are given to stimulate their original thinking.
Quality of Education :
• The education system provides facilities such as international students societies, planned social activities, academic support, and academic counsellors. UK has one of the lowest ‘drop out rates.
• Its quality is unrivaled throughout the world.
• Encourages relevant skills that are marketable and sought by today’s top companies
• Realisation of earning potentials sooner.
• Numerous scholarships and bursaries offered by UK institutions.
• Almost free health care by National Health Service.
• Student discount facilities provided free through National Union of Students membership for all students.
• Vast choice of institutions, academics and subjects.
• Flexible programs.
• Diverse, stable social environment
• Cosmopolitan place to live.
• Home to numerous ethnic groups and nationalities from around the world.
• Tolerant, stable society where students learn about diverse range of people.
• Compared to other educational destinations shorter duration programs
• Undergraduate – 3 years, Postgraduate – 1 year.
The benefits of studying in the UK:
• The UK institutions consistently rank among the best in the world and qualifications are internationally valued and recognised.
• The UK undertakes 5 per cent of the world’s scientific research and produces 14 per cent of the world’s most frequently cited papers.
• UK institutions offer flexibility of choice and enable you to blend academic and vocational courses of your choice.
• The teaching and study methodology used in the UK give you the freedom to be creative and develop skills sets and confidence.
• As a student you get the opportunity to be taught by the world’s leading academics and experts; you also benefit from their constant academic support.
• UK degrees can be tailored to your interests and often include specialised modules.
• The UK is the home of English hence an ideal place to develop language skills and enhance employment prospects.
Types of Certification:
• Open University
• College and Institution of Higher Education
• Open College
• College of Technology
• Teacher Training College
Usual Grading system in Secondary school :
In UK Alphabetical system of grading is followed i.e. From A to E.A: excellent/outstanding; B: above average; C: average; In UK Alphabetical system of grading is followed i.e. From A to E. A: excellent/outstanding; B: above average; C: average; D: below average; E: failing.
Highest on scale: A
Pass/fail level: C/D
Lowest on scale: E
Main Grading system used by higher education institutions:
In UK Alphabetical system of grading is followed i.e. From A to E.
B: above average;
Highest on scale: A
Pass/fail level: D/E
Lowest on scale: E
Other main grading systems:
Apart from the alphabetical grading system, the Numerical system is also used in UK.
Types of degrees
Types of taught courses
Postgraduate Certificates and Diplomas (PGCert; PGDip)
Master (MA; MSc)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Types of research degrees
Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
Master of Research (MRes)
Professional / Taught Doctorates (DEng, DMus, DEd, DBA, DClinPsych)
New Route Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD or DPhil)
Higher National Diplomas Higher National Certificates Diplomas of Higher Education Foundation courses, Foundation years or Access/Bridging courses
My name is Anand Chauhan. I was also a normal student who was just preparing for medical universities in India.
I Preethi Chauhan came to know about Education Poland from the Director of my previous Institution. They provide us scholarship in the one of the best university in Poland.