Australia Visa Requirements

Student Visa Australia
If you intend to study for more than 3 months, you must apply for a student visa. You can be granted a student visa only if you wish to undertake a registered course or part of a registered course on a full-time basis.
A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider who is registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students.
Depending on your country of nationality and your principal course of study you may have to undergo a Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA) before an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) is issued by your Australian education provider.


Financial Ability
For Masters and Doctorate Courses
Sponsors must provide evidence of cash assets for the first year tuition fee (as on the letter of offer) and living expenses (assumed at A $12000 p.a.) and access to additional funds (from acceptable sources) to meet the cost of the remainder of study and stay in Australia.

Health (Medical) requirements
Individuals applying to study in Australia must satisfy the health requirements specified in the Migration Regulations. Any family unit members who are included in the visa application are also required to satisfy health requirements. details
Students from low health risk countries Iceland, Monaco, Norway, San Marino and Sweden are generally not required to undertake health examinations unless a health condition of special significance is declared.
To be covered for health insurance, you will have to pay the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and any family members traveling with you.
• Student Health Cover for AusAID Students
If you are a student sponsored by AusAID, you will not need to pay the OSHC yourself. You will, however, need to provide proof that AusAID supports your application.
• Student Health Cover for Students from Norway and Sweden
Students from Norway and Sweden do not need to obtain OSHC if they are covered by acceptable health insurance schemes from their home countries.

To enter Australia, you must be of good character. The information you provide at the ‘Character Declaration’ section of the application form 157A, Application for a student (temporary) visa (PDF file, 158KB) enables an assessment to be made in respect of your character.

To enter Australia, you must have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, or have made acceptable arrangements to repay such debt.

If you are under 18
Approval for accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements.
If you are under 18 years of age and declare in your application that you will be residing in Australia with a parent or a person who has custody of you, you must provide evidence of the relationship and that they hold a visitor visa of 11 months stay, or of a shorter stay if you seek to study for less than 11 months or turn 18 years before 11 months.
Can I work?
You will need to apply for a visa with ‘permission to work’ after you commence study. This visa has an additional cost of around $55 AUD. If you are given permission, there will be restrictions on the number of hours you will be allowed to work in a week. As an international student, you can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the term, and unlimited hours during recognized periods of vacation.

Common visa conditions
• you must satisfy attendance and course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment for your course
• you must not work unless you have been granted permission to do so
• you must maintain your Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover while in Australia
• you must leave Australia before your visa expires
• you must remain with the education provider you originally enrolled with for the first 6 months of your course or, if the course is less than 6 months, for the duration of your course
• you must advise your education provider of your residential address within seven days of your arrival in Australia and must advise any changes of address within seven days
• if you change education provider you must inform your current education provider within seven days of issue of an eCoE



My name is Anand Chauhan. I was also a normal student who was just preparing for medical universities in India.


I Preethi Chauhan came to know about Education Poland from the Director of my previous Institution. They provide us scholarship in the one of the best university in Poland.


Lost your password?