New Zealand Visa Requirements

If your course is less than 12 weeks long, you’ll only need a visitor visa to come to New Zealand. However, if you plan to study for more than 12 weeks you’ll need to apply for a student visa by post or at your nearest Immigration New Zealand Office.

Student visa requirements include:
• The offer of place from your educational institution (note: the institution must be registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
• If you’re under 18 years old, a written guarantee from the institution or authorised person that suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand.
• Proof that you have enough money for living costs while studying and living in New Zealand.
• A return airline ticket to your home country, or proof that you have enough money to buy one.

If you’re spending six months or more here in New Zealand you may need to be screened for tuberculosis.

For courses longer than 12 months, you’ll need to provide medical and x-ray certificates. If you’re over 17 and intending to be in New Zealand for over two years, a police certificate will be required to show that you are of good character.

If your course is three months or less, you don’t need a student visa: just a visitor visa.

If you’re coming on one of the working schemes NZ has with Argentina, Austria, Chile, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Uruguay, Canada, Germany, Japan, Taiwan and the UK, you can do one or more courses of study as long as their total duration doesn’t exceed six months.

If you have been offered a place in an approved exchange scheme you can apply for a student visa for the duration of your exchange, provided you meet our health and character requirements and are a genuine exchange participant.

This is just a summary. You should make sure you get the full details at Immigration New Zealand.



My name is Anand Chauhan. I was also a normal student who was just preparing for medical universities in India.


I Preethi Chauhan came to know about Education Poland from the Director of my previous Institution. They provide us scholarship in the one of the best university in Poland.


Lost your password?